Solar battery is the application of 'battery' in solar photovoltaic power generation. Currently, there are four kinds of lead-acid maintenance-free batteries, ordinary lead-acid batteries, colloidal batteries and alkaline nickel-cadmium batteries. The solar cells currently widely used in China are mainly: lead-acid maintenance-free batteries and colloidal batteries. These two types of batteries are suitable for reliable performance because of their inherent "free" maintenance characteristics and less environmental pollution. Solar power systems, especially unattended workstations.
Ordinary lead-acid batteries are mainly suitable for maintenance or low-end applications because they require frequent maintenance and environmental pollution.
Alkaline nickel-cadmium batteries have good low temperature, overcharge and overdischarge performance, but because of their high price, they are only suitable for more special occasions.
With the widespread use of solar photovoltaic power generation systems, as a supporting battery, it has attracted more and more attention.
Solar batteries should have the following characteristics
1 Better deep cycle ability, with good overcharge and over discharge ability.
2 Long life, special process design and long life battery guaranteed by colloidal electrolyte.
3 Suitable for different environmental requirements, such as high altitude, high temperature, low temperature and other conditions can be used under normal conditions.
How solar cells work
During the daytime, the sun shines on the solar module, causing the solar cell module to generate a certain amount of DC voltage, convert the light energy into electrical energy, and then transmit it to the intelligent controller. After the overcharge protection of the intelligent controller, the solar energy component is transmitted. It is delivered to the battery for storage; storage requires a battery. The so-called battery is an electrical chemical device that stores chemical energy and discharges electricity when necessary.
The main components of a lead storage battery are as follows:
Anode plate (lead peroxide. PbO2)---> active substance
Cathode plate (sponge lead. Pb) ---> Active substance
Electrolyte (diluted sulfuric acid) ---> sulfuric acid ( H2SO4) + water ( H2O)
Other (liquid port plug. cover, etc.)
Use and maintenance of solar cells
(1) Suitable working temperature 15~20°C
(2) The solar battery is coupled by connecting the positive electrode of the solar battery to the positive electrode, the negative electrode and the negative electrode. In this way, the amount of electricity in the solar battery is doubled, and the voltage is the same as the voltage of a solar battery. The solar battery bipolar column must not be short-circuited (contact).
(3) For a solar battery that is charged for the first time after new installation or refurbishment, charge it for a long time. For initial charging, it should be charged at a current of 1/10 of the rated capacity. Before installation, it is necessary to measure whether the battery is sufficient. If the power is insufficient, please charge the battery for more than 8-16 hours in a sunny place or use the AC to fully charge the battery. The over-discharge should be strictly avoided. When charging normally with AC power, it is better to use a grading charging method, that is, to charge at a constant current with a large current at the initial stage of charging, to charge to a constant charging voltage and to a constant voltage for a certain period of time, and then to use a conventional constant voltage floating charging method.
(4) Keep the battery itself clean. Installed solar battery poles should be coated with Vaseline to prevent corrosion of the poles.
(5) Configure on-line monitoring and management technology for solar cells, conduct on-line measurement and analysis of internal resistance of solar cells, timely discover battery defects, and perform maintenance in time.
(6) Prevent the solar cell from freezing and cracking in winter, and avoid direct sunlight in the summer. The solar battery should be placed in a cool and ventilated place.